Thursday 25 June 2009

I’ve not had much time over the last few days to write anything up. Nothing has changed though. I’m just back to basics – watching/observing - every morning and thoroughly enjoying it, and I’ve been reading (and learning), which I never get the time to do usually. The camera has taken a much deserved siesta! I did get a few grabbed shots today. The adults are looking fraught and still working hard. I admire them immensely.

We have been busy at work, but my boss asked me this afternoon how the rooftop H Gull chicks are progressing (as he’s been out of the office a lot and he was speaking to someone about them, in passing). I was impressed he had thought about them as no-one else at work does! Obviously, I have been watching them and they are all doing well.



I would not be impressed if someone took a shot of me looking rough, but I think this image depicts the impact the hard work has on them...



The result however is that we have 6 healthy chicks milling around our garden...







The day list comprises of the usual garden and work sightings:-

Herring Gull
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Swift (amusing me late at night with their shrills)
Swallow
Pied Wagtail
Wren (heard)
Dunnock
Robin
Blackbird
Chiffchaff (heard)
Great Tit
Blue Tit
Magpie
Jackdaw
Carrion Crow
Starling
House Sparrow
Chaffinch
Greenfinch
Goldfinch

No comments:

Post a Comment