Sunday 28 June 2009

Sunday...

I went to Staples in Truro to get some supplies for my membership work (where we had a quick look along the estuary), and with every intention of returning back home early to get on with said work! I took my bins and camera just in case, as you do! I did say to the Abbot this morning that I’d like to see a Yellowhammer again, on a hedge along the roadside maybe (as I’ve only ever seen one) and so I was determined to look out for them on the journey. Heading home I decided to stop and have a wander… found a lane for a stroll where we saw lots of Butterflies (which I am not good at ID‘ing). Headed towards home again, but ended up touring around Tregony and surrounding area, Polmassick and Portholland (where I saw 2 Kestrels together and near Potholland a YELLOWHAMMER, which made my day!), and Pentewan. We also tend to call at Churches as they are great places to spot birds - had a Spotted Flycatcher in a Churchyard today, if I‘ve ID‘d it correctly!
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


.

.
I think this is a Ringlet...
.

.
Ringlet?
.

.
Meadow Brown?
.

.
My day list for Sunday:-
.
1. Fulmar
2. Gannet
3. Little Egret
4. Mute Swan
5. Mallard (flying over a field!)
6. Buzzard
7. Kestrel
8. Pheasant
9. Curlew
10. Black Headed Gull
11. Herring Gull
12. Greater Black Backed Gull
13. Woodpigeon
14. Collared Dove
15. Swift
16. Swallow
17. Skylark
18. Wren
19. Dunnock
20. Robin
21. Stonechat
22. Song thrush (heard)
23. Blackbird
24. Spotted Flycatcher
25. Chiffchaff (heard)
26. Great Tit
27. Blue Tit
28. Coal Tit
29. Magpie
30. Jackdaw
31. Rook (and lots of them)
32. Carrion Crow
33. Starling
34. House Sparrow
35. Chaffinch
36. Goldfinch
37. Greenfinch
38. Yellowhammer




2 comments:

  1. Great range of shots,spot on with your Butterflies I.D's.
    Love your spotted flycatcher well captured.
    Not many Yellowhammer about,so well done indeed.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John. It's been a good day.

    ReplyDelete