Sunday 20 September 2009

Today the Abbot went off alone, in search of waders after dropping me in Wadebridge. I went for a walk with Derek, Sam & poppy (just under 6 miles along the Camel) and I know I will ache in the morning, but I need the exercise as I don't seem to have been getting much lately and Sam said she needed it too. Even Poppy was exhausted and pleased to get to the finish line! Anyway, my day list was: 55. The highlights for me were: Common Gull 1 (of which I have a bad quality shot). Derek asked me to name the Gull. I took a little prompting (pointing out the obvious!), but got it right and it was a relief considering earlier I'd been looking over some way in the distance at what I thought were Blackwits and Derek (after a short silence) informed me they were Curlew! I'm not sure there's much hope for me after that, but I was getting tired by this time. I've not seen a Common Gull since last year at Stithians (which was my first) so I was chuffed. We saw 9 Mediterraean Gulls too, and this week I think I'm going to leave the camera in the car, take the scope out and go looking for Meds. I don't take many pictures when I'm with Derek & Sam. I just enjoy watching and learning. Thanks again guys. Afterwards the Abbot and I went for a drive. I had a lovely view of a Goldcrest in a lane near Ninestones and a Sparrowhawk (99.999% anyway!). I also added a Raven to my day list - it was calling too so I had a positive ID. Further down the road I spotted a couple of Buzzards soaring, so we stopped. They were to my right and probably glad to be out of the limelight from what I then noticed to my left - a commotion between Corvids, a Magpie and 1 Gull. The Gull retreated before I got the camera from the car, but I managed to get some shots of the others, albeit bad quality, but it was fun to watch...

I think this is Carrion Crow, Rook & Jackdaw (However, I can't rule out the first one from being a Raven as I know they were in the area, but the tail is not wedged WITH A POINT???)
.

.

.
Magpie & Crow?
.

.
Magpie, Crows & Jackdaw?
.

.



No comments:

Post a Comment